Stones, McCartney Tease Coachella 2016 Rock Festival

by
Share This:

Coachella Mega-Concert-array FB

Update (May 2): The final holdouts – the Rolling Stones and Neil Young –  have added their own “October” video teaser for the still-unnamed event. The Stones featured “All Down the Line”; Young chose “After the Gold Rush.” (see below).

The rock concert festival that some people are referring to as the biggest event since the original Woodstock festival is now all but confirmed. On Sunday (5/1), Paul McCartney was the latest participant to post a video teaser named “October” on his social media accounts. His was to the tune of a live version of “I’ve Got a Feeling.” On Friday (April 29), The Who, Bob Dylan and Roger Waters were the first to post career-spanning video teasers. They are referring, of course, to the so-called Coachella mega concert that is set to take place from October 7th to 9th.

Six of the biggest classic rock acts of all time will play an unprecedented gathering of 1960s rock icons at the Coachella festival site in Indio, CA this fall. The event will reportedly feature two of the six acts per day over three evenings: Dylan and the Rolling Stones on October 7th, McCartney and Young on October 8th. and The Who and former Pink Floyd bassist, songwriter and singer Waters on October 9th.

Here’s the Stones’ teaser…

Click here to see Young’s video.

On Sunday, McCartney posted his “October” teaser.

The Who October TeaserThe Who posted a video teaser on their Facebook page set to “My Generation.”

Roger Daltrey recently told an interviewer for the Canadian-based Postmedia Network recently that the recent rumors of a Coachella mega concert festival featuring many of the biggest classic rock names of all-time are true. Word of the event first came to light earlier this month in a story by the Los Angeles Times and spread quickly.

Daltrey told the Postmedia Network: “It’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era. It’s a great idea. I just hope a lot of normal fans can get tickets before they get snatched up.”

Here’s Dylan’s teaser to “Ballad of a Thin Man”…

Here’s Waters’ teaser set to Pink Floyd’s “Brain Damage”…

Don’t miss a story! Sign up for Best Classic Bands‘ Newsletter; form is on every page.

“It’s so special in so many ways because you won’t get a chance to see a bill like this, perhaps ever again,” Elliot Roberts, Young’s longtime manager, told the Los Angeles Times. “It’s a show I look forward to more than any show in a long time.”

Plans for the as-yet-unnamed mega concert, which would bring an incomparable bang to the final weeks of the 2016 festival season, are reportedly in the final stages. There has also been speculation about what artists, if any, would be added to the lineup as opening acts. And there is no word yet on ticket prices or how they would be distributed. Best Classic Bands will update this story as more information becomes available.

(If you’re a new Best Classic Bands reader, we’d be grateful if you would Like our Facebook page and/or bookmark our Home page.)

Best Classic Bands Staff
Share This:

No Comments so far

Jump into a conversation

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.

Your data will be safe!Your e-mail address will not be published. Also other data will not be shared with third person.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.